Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Where have I been?

I feel like I've fallen off the face of the earth for the past month. Oh wait, I HAVE!! And I landed on planet Girls Camp! I have the awesome responsibility of going to Camp Lo-Mia this year as a leader with my young women. I am SO excited! Last time I was at Lo-Mia was around 10 years ago so this should be so fun. Getting ready has brought up lots of memories. The Stake camp director is actually an old friend from Wickenburg and the Asst. was actually my leader when I went to camp! So much fun! They've given us quite the list of things to do before camp so we've been working hard to get prepared. This last week has been particularly busy as I've tried to get everything done and organized. I'm also sick so that surely doesn't help. My house is a mess, I haven't cooked a decent meal for a while, and my kids are bored! Yesterday Aidan told me this as I was working on a project, "You know Mom, taking care of your kids is more important than camp." Wow. What a harsh reality. I am so sorry to my kids and my hubby for my negligence, but I promise to be back to normal when camp is over. We leave Mon July 6 and return on the 9th. Pretty short time, but it's the longest I will have been away from my family. Hopefully they are all still alive when I return!!

3 comments:

Beckums said...

ugh, i feel ya sista!

Jen said...

i just got back a few weeks ago. it was a blast!! how fun that you get to go w/ people we knew growing up! who all is going! don't worry your family will be fine! it is good for them to see all you do!! have fun!

Elise and Dan said...

Enjoy girls camp! I don't think I could do that! I only went to girls camp as a teenager, because my friends went. I'm not much into camping. I actually might enjoy it more now that I'm older though. Who knows!