I am still in absolute shock that my little Aidan is in Kindergarten now! Yesterday was his first day. I have been so nervous for the last few weeks, but Aidan has been anticipating it with much excitement.
Monday morning I woke up at 6:30 to get Aidan going. Little did I know that he would have gotten himself up. I walked down the stairs and heard the sound of a zipper being zipped up. Around the corner there was my not so little anymore, big 5 year old. He was completely dressed, shoes and all, with backpack in hand. I asked him what he was doing and he replied, "I'm making sure you packed everything." I almost broke down in tears right there. He's such a mature little guy. All ready and geared up to go all by himself at 6:30 am.
We took off for school at about 7:50. Man was that place a zoo! So many people all over the place; anxious to get rid of their kids. Not me. I was still nervous. We walked him to class, gave the teacher the bag full of supplies, and helped Aidan find a seat. I gave him my last hugs and kisses, Abe gave some fatherly advice, and Tanner gave him a big goodbye hug. I thought that I might make the whole day without shedding a tear until Aidan gave me this: a big wave and a smile and "Goodbye Mom! I love you!" as I walked out the door. And then the tears flowed. Looking back in the room window I saw my little baby is such a big place surrounded by a room full of strangers. I couldn't hold back the emotions. But I am completely proud of him. He is such a smart, brave, and sweet little man. He will do great without me :(
SO EXCITED!!
Daddy giving the "listen to your teacher" speech
It was a strange day without Aidan, but we kept busy to make the time fly by. He didn't say much about the day, but he did have a great time. I have to cherish these days that he actually wants and likes to go to school.
Tanner sure did miss his big brother
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Aidan's First Day of Kindergarten!
Posted by
Donna
at
3:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
So cute... and that last picture of the two boys is just adorable! What a big little man you have there. =)
oh come on Donna you know he'll have the whole school baptized by the time he is 10..lol. he will be a child you will never have to worry about.
adorable pictures.
Aw! Such cute pictures! What a great kid!
So sweet! I can't believe how much older he looks since we moved. Abree is super excited for school too. She starts on the 24th of Aug. It will be a happy and sad time!
AWE, how cute! Congrats Mama...your baby is in school! He is too cute, I love that he is checking to make sure you didn't forget anything! He will come home full of fun stories to share with you and Tanner will be dying to start school!
P.S. Let's get together soon! Maybe next weekend? This ones full of things already.
paramorefamily.blogspot.com
cute cute cute, i got a little emotional reading that post :) All my nieces and nephews are getting so big!!!!!
Oh SO cute, I am in tears reading this! I can't believe he is in school!
Okay, your kids are REALLY darling. Congrats to Aidan on his first day of school! You're a great Mom Donna!
That brings back so many memories. He does look all grown up. It's just the beginning of so many new adventures...enjoy each and every one of them.
Post a Comment