Anyone who has ever sat down to just one meal with Aidan knows that he is super super picky. I just haven't been able to get him to eat his veggies. Until now.....
I received the best recipe book in the world for Christmas from my awesome sister Jenny. It's called "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld. The purpose is to get your picky children to eat healthy by sneaking fruits and vegetables into their favorite foods. The trick is to put veggie and fruit purees into recipes. I can't believe how well it has worked!! So far I've made turkey (ssshhh) burgers (with cauliflower..ssshhh) and Aidan's favorite, pancakes (with sweet potatoes). So much for regular 'ol pancakes; now all Aidan wants is the "orange" pancakes (the sweet potatoes will do that). I'm so excited to try more things. When your little guy who wouldn't even think about eating a veggie asks for more, it's simply the best! And for those with a sweet tooth (um, me) there are recipes for desserts too. Everyone who has tried the book swears by the spinach brownies. (I still have yet to brave those).
Well, I was just so excited and had to share. Do yourself a favor and get one for your house. The book retails for $25, but you can get it on amazon.com for only $15, with free shipping. Here's the link if you're interested
http://www.amazon.com/Deceptively-Delicious-Simple-Secrets-Eating/dp/0061251348/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199494937&sr=8-2
Enjoy!!
Friday, January 4, 2008
Picky Eaters Anyone?
Posted by
Donna
at
5:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HI Donna!!!
Great to hear from you....your family is adorable...congrats on your latest arrival!!!
I have been DYING to get that book. We are ALL bad in our family when it comes to veggies! Maybe that's because I don't ever cook! Glad to know it's a good buy!!
Post a Comment