Monday, May 26, 2008

Camping

Two weeks ago (the 16th and 17th) was the Father and Sons Camp-out. Abe didn't take any pictures, but I thought I'd mention it. Abe, his dad, and Aidan went and had a good time. Aidan is starting to think every weekend we go camping because this last weekend we all went with Abe's parents. We thought we'd take the time to go since Abe had four days in a row off. It's always fun to do things a little last minute. We had a good time.....it was nice to spend time with Abe's parents; we don't get to do that too often. We left Saturday morning and headed up to Stoneman Lake. When we got there it was sprinkling a little, and turned into quite a bit of rain. Which wasn't too good considering we had to set up camp. As we were setting up Abe's parents' tent we realized it was missing the poles! So...Abe had to drive 50 miles to Cottonwood to buy them a tent. We all felt really bad. And then it got pretty cold! I think the low got into the mid 20's that night. Brrrrr!! Aidan slept great, but Tanner was not a fan! I thought maybe he was just a little grumpy, but he did not sleep well at all!! Which meant that I did not either. The only way I could get him to sleep was to let him lay on my chest. No fun! It was in and out of sleep all night. Bummer! So it was about 8am when we decided Tanner couldn't take anymore and got out of bed. It was pretty cold all day. But Tanner was burning up!! I didn't have a thermometer, but I knew he had a fever. The poor guy was upset all day. We tried as hard as we could to keep him happy; we played ball, frisbee, swung on the hammock, hung by the fire, ate alot! and just enjoyed the outdoors. I started to get a little worried about Tanner when before bed he wouldn't eat much and was still on fire. Abe and his dad gave him a blessing before bed which I think took the edge off. He didn't sleep too great, but it was better than the first night. Morning came and it was time to get ready to go. I spent the whole morning trying to keep Tanner happy and I felt bad I couldn't help take down camp. Aidan was such a good boy for us and he just loves being outside. He can't wait until the next camp-out. He'll just have to wait a little longer than a week this time!

Here are the best pictures I could get. I snapped a picture of Tanner being happy every chance I got!

4 comments:

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

I love the picture with all three of your boys in the hammock! So cute! And Tanner did look soooo sick in that one picture. I'm so sorry he was sick for you! It looked freezing cold! Glad you guys are back! Congrats on your house closing!

Jen said...

How fun! I love camping and we don't go near enough! That picture of Tanner was so sad! but Aidan looked like he had a blast! way to build memories!!

Rochelle said...

the pictures turned out good even though the little guy didn't feel good. Gotta love camping with kids huh?

Elise and Dan said...

How are you guys doing?! I haven't heard how the move is going! We've been thinking about camping, and now I'm not so sure I'm ready to anymore! Sorry Tanner felt so yucky--poor guy!