Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Much Needed Update


First of all...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY ABE!! I love you sweetie!!

Okay, now on to the updates...

We are finally in Surprise and done with moving!! I am so happy that it is all over! We had quite a few bumps in the road to get here, but all in all we are pretty blessed to be where we're at. I will now attempt to sum up all our adventures from the last month...I'm sorry if I leave anyone out!

- First, a million thanks
to my wonderful in-laws, Bill and Jean, for EVERYTHING they have done to get us here. We literally could not have gotten here without them.
- After about a month of waiting the house finally closed on June 4th. We planned to work our butts off to get everything ready by the 20th for moving.
- 17 gallons of paint, and countless hours of sweating and backbreaking work done; most of the rooms are freshly painted. If only you could have seen what the den looked like before we got to it! (A side note: hats off to anyone who has ever painted a red ki
tchen...or anything red for that mater!)
-Thanks to Jared and Abe for doing the work to epoxy the garage floor - it looks great.
-Thanks to Kelly Budinger at Superior Blinds for doing a wonderful job with our blinds and sunscreens. We love them!
-Being that the house was previously owned, we had the carpets professionally cleaned and paid some people to clean up the yard. The yard was like a jungle with all those weeds and now it looks brand new! That was probably the best $200 we spent this whole time.
-About a week before moving day we discovered that the downstairs A/C was not working! So we decided to change moving day to the 28th. Thank goodness we got a year warranty on all appliances!
-A big thank you to my mom, Jenny, Becky, Jared and Jean for helping with the kids!!
-Thanks again to my father-in-law Bill for helping us to put a gas line in the laundry room. We did not want to have to buy a new dryer.

-We did however get a good deal on a new range and microwave at Lowes. Probably the first thing we actually stayed within budget on.
-Considering the fact that my poor kids were dragged back and forth from house to house for three weeks, they were really well behaved. Thank heavens!
-A special thank you goes to my wonderful husband. He is so great at fixing things and such a hard worker. We made a pretty good painting team too. :)
-I was only able to get a 14 foot truck for the move. So...we ma
de 4 trips in the U-haul, 4-5 trips with Abe's parents' vehicle, 3 trips with our car, and one trip with my mom's truck. So needless to say, we spent a lot in gas!
-And finally, thanks to all the strong movers who helped us move into a two story home on a 113 degree day - Abe, Craig, Jeremy, Waylon, and Mom - You are all the best!!!

We are sad to have left Goodyear behind, but very grateful for everything that we learned and the friends we gained while living there. We are excited to start new adventures in Surprise and will enjoy being closer to family. We are especially happy that now that Abe is closer to work we will be saving about 4000 miles a year on our poor little car. Not to mention the gas money!

Here are some pictures of what we've done so far in our new home. Enjoy!


The house before we moved in...

...and after.

The kitchen before...

...and after.

Here is how the boys kept happy while Abe and I worked on the house.

The den before we got to it...yuck!


Aidan helping to paint the den

The den all finished.

Tanner's room....I finally got my yellow!

A wall in Aidan's room...going along with his Spiderman theme...this took me absolutely FOREVER!!

And now all I have left is the master bedroom...Yes!!

13 comments:

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

I absolutely love the wall in Aiden's room! I may have to steal that idea . . um, when we actually have a house of our own :) I love your paint colors you chose on all the rooms! And the front of your house is gorgeous - I can't believe the difference the sunscreens made and pulling out the dead plants and things. The red kitchen is beautiful, but your right - red is a pain in the butt to actually get on the wall! I can't wait to see it in person! When can we come over? :)

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Oops I spelled Aidan's name wrong! Sorry :)

Rochelle said...

Your house is adorable. I can't believe all the hard work so soon...you've been very busy. It looks amazing. I have a house I could use some help with. I'm working on Jayden's room (the den) and it needs some serious vision that I obviously lack.

The Becker Bunch said...

HOLY MOLY...I LOVE the pain job!! Your house looks amazing!! Great job guys!! Goodyear will miss you, but we are excited that things worked out so well for you!!

Elise and Dan said...

Your house looks gorgeous!!!! Great job! I know that it must have been painstaking! I'm excited to see what you do with your master bedroom...

Amie said...

Donna! Holy Smokes! Your house looks beautiful. Aidan's wall is AMAZING, as is Tanner's. Will you come paint my house???! :) I wouldn't have the patience for all those stripes and squares. I also have a red kitchen. And let me tell you I HEAR YOU! Boy was that the biggest pain in the world to paint. I'd never do it again, well...maybe I would. I LOVE RED kitchens! Take care, you'll be missed.

The Three Peas said...

Dang, I'll have to steal your idea with Aidan's room...that looks SO cool!

I painted my last kitchen red and it took 5 coats...so never again will I paint my kitchen red unless I pay someone else to do it! It looks like everything is falling into place for you guys! I just hope your other house sells soon!

pollywallydoodle said...

Love painting you did. Holy Cats that must have taken forever--I hate painting, I would rather weed my gardens or plant flowers!! Hope you like having more room to spread out in!! congrats on moving closer to your mommy :) xoxoxox

Sarah Rambles said...

OMG!!! I LOVE the house, but i LOVE, Love, Love aiden's wall!!!

I'm happy that you guys are finally in and settling in.

Love and miss you guys muchly!

kimber said...

Wow I can't believe you've done all that in such short time! You've been busy and it looks great! I too LOVE Aidens wall but it LOOKS like it took forever.

andreamatrix said...

AND I love Aiden's wall too, but I'm just feeling very unworthy of your painting skills!!! WOW! Excellent colors!

CD Black said...

Love the red kitchen. I can't believe you painted all those squares. There surely must be wallpaper for that! It looks great! I'm glad that everything worked out for you. I'm going visiting teaching today; I'm going to miss you...

:) said...

Love your painting ideas! They are awesome! I once painted over a red room. High gloss fire engine red. Took 3 coats of primer and two coats of regular paint. Augh! We miss you over here. But, I know you are enjoying your bigger house!