Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This and that

Nothing TOO exciting has been going on around here recently. Actually now that I'm all done with the house stuff I'm feeling a little bored. Ironically I complained the whole time while painting, but now I feel like a need some new projects. Go figure.

I do have to mention though that Abe got a promotion at work!! We were both sooo happy! Probably Abe more than me because he is forever done with customer service! He is now an insurance underwriter (I hope I said that right, otherwise Abe's gonna give me a hard time). I am so proud of him!! 90 - something people applied and only 2 were offered the job. It's only been a few days but I can just see the stress melt off Abe's shoulders. Happy, happy, HAPPY!!

I got a little play pool to cool the boys down every once in a while. They are both loving it! We've also taken them swimming a couple times at my inlaws. Aidan loves the "real" swimming pool, but recently told me he doesn't have to learn how to swim until he's six. I don't know where he came up with that, but we'll definitley have to work on that attitude.

We took Tanner to his first Diamondbacks game on Saturday. We were lucky enough to get AMAZING seats from my brother-in-law. 3 rows behind the visitors dugout!! It was crazy! We could actually see all the players' faces without having to look at the jumbo-tron. The D-backs won, so that's always good. Someone at Abe's work watched the game on TV and they said they saw Abe holding Tanner. I thought that was cool. Unfortunately I completely slacked out and forgot my camera :( So this post will have to do for keeping the memory for Tanner.

We (Abe and I) also went and saw the new Batman movie. It was so good! I'm a total nerd for comic book movies so maybe I'm bias, but I loved it. Heath Ledger was an awesome joker. Definitely not one for the kids, too scary, but still real good. We went to a 10:50p showing at the IMAX with some of my siblings so it was a fun (late) night out. Those are fun to do every once in a while. There were a bunch of guys there dressed up as superheroes and I saw Spiderman and HAD to get a picture for Aidan. I look like a total geek, but Aidan appreciated it.

9 comments:

Rochelle said...

Congrats on the promotion!!!! Everything is working out in Surprise!!!!!!!

Amie said...

Now that's a mom for ya! Posing with a complete stranger to make her little boys smile! Way to be mom! :) It's funny how that "shy" chip seems to leave our bodies when we become moms. We'd do just about anything to make our kids happy!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

So so glad that Abe got the promotion! What a compliment to get picked out of 90 people!

I agree Batman was good - a little creepy when the Joker was on screen, but way good! Cute pic with Spiderman - you're definitely the cute one in the picture!

pollywallydoodle said...

Did you see Jeff and Jodie there?? I called them the other nite and they were at the game--go figure!! you look great next to spidey. xoxoxox

mph said...

Oh my gosh that is too funny that people would dress up for it!! I am scared to see that movie because Heath Ledger looks so freaky I don't want to have nightmares!!

The Becker Bunch said...

Okay, when I first glanced at the picture before reading I thought...she got a picture with a spiderman character that was hired to be there for the premier...HAHAHAHAHAHA...then I read...I LOVE THAT PICTURE!! Seriously, you need to frame it...FREAKIN' HILARIOUS!! You are so stinkin' adorable!! I'm SO happy that things are working out in Surprise and WAY TO GO ABE on the promotion. We know the blessings that can come from hard work too and I know you both must be elated!! Come and visit Goodyear sometime soon...we all miss you terribly!

Sarah Rambles said...

awww... how cute are the boys. I can't believe that it's been almost a year since i've been down there. and I can't believe that Tanner is almost a year old and I still haven't seen him. Oh well. I'll be down there soon enough. Love you guys! and congrats to abers!

Rochelle said...

With all of your house projects done you made me feel inspired to get some done even though I want to sell our house so badly. Anyway, Jayden wanted Spiderman wall clings in his room at one time, but I didn't want to do Spiderman cuz I knew he'd just change his mind. Anyway, I still have them if you want them for Aidan's room.

B and K said...

Hi Donna! I was playing around on Facebook and found your blog. Bryan and I didn't get to see any of you guys yesterday--Penny felt so bad about the seating situation.

I love your new house. Bryan and I just bought a new house, so I feel your pain with all the projects. Maybe you can give me some good tips to make it easier :)