Friday, August 8, 2008

Celebrations

My little brother turned 20 on August 2nd. I can't believe he's 20 already! No more teens for my parents. The entire family got together at my parents house for a little party. We all love Waylon and his sarcastic personality. He's such a great uncle to all the grand kids and they just adore him! It's always a good time when we all get together.
Here's the most recent picture I could find of him that I knew he wouldn't kill me for posting. It's from my sister's wedding last year. p.s. he's single ;)

August 3rd was our 6 year anniversary. Man does time fly. We've both changed so much in just these short years. I can remember how things used to be as newlyweds....so innocent and.....clueless! I love Abe so much more now and greatly appreciate what he's done for me. I've always been a little lazy and a bit of a procrastinator, but Abe is constantly pushing me to get better. He truly makes me want to be a better person. We've gone through a lot in just these short years, but I guess it's normal to be so busy when you're starting a family. I love you Abe and look forward to the rest of eternity!!

We didn't do much to celebrate this year. My mom was kind enough to take the kids last minute so we could spend a couple hours together. We went to Olive Garden for dinner and did a little bit of shopping for each other at Target. I know that sounds lame, but I relish every moment with just the two of us...especially shopping with no kids!

As I was searching for pictures of the two of us over these past years I realized that we almost never take pictures together. Kind of sad actually. Abe pointed out that it's mostly because we didn't have a camera for the first two years of marriage and ever since Aidan was born the camera has been on the children. Not to mention I hate being on camera! We will try better this year! I did make a little slide of some of the highlights that we have managed to capture.



The next day(the 4th) was my 25th birthday. I don't know why, but 25 seems a lot older than 24. I guess I'm finally starting to feel like an adult (like I said, I take my time with things :) Abe and I went to Chili's with the kids to celebrate. Aidan was pretty upset that there was no party. A few days later my in-laws took us to Fuddruckers and gave me some spending money. They made me promise to spend it on myself and not the kids. I have a bad habit of doing that. I think I got that from my mom. It was a nice week of celebrations. Thank you all!

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

Happy Celebrations!!! Actually, that sounds kinda stupid...Happy Birthday (24 IS NOT OLD), Happy Anniversary, and Happy for your parents for no more teens in the house. I can't believe how much Aidan has grown up. Too cute. Is little Tanner walking yet? Tannon is just scotting on his butt everywhere and wearing out his shorts.

:) said...

Happy Bday and anniversary! Oh to be 25 again. . . How is the new house and ward? Cute pictures.

Amie said...

Happy Anniversary and Birthday! We are just like you guys, I think I have one or two pictures of Andy and I in our almost seven years of marriage. It is sad! The ones you have of the two of you are so cute though!

Sarah Rambles said...

you've had a fun eventful week! I can't believe how big the boys are getting! and thanks for sharing the pictures. I love looking at pics of you and your family! Love you all!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Happy birthday and anniversary! I have always loved that picture of you guys where Abe is looking at you and you're in the foreground. It's too funny that your brother caught that on camera and then you guys ended up married! Waylon looks exactly like you except with dark hair. Congratulations on all the celebrating lately!

PS-Did you find a dress yet?

andreamatrix said...

Your brother looks just like you. Well if it makes you feel better, I just turned 36 and I still feel young. Except when I get up and I groan. Hmmmm.

mph said...

that's amazing the resemblance between you and your bro. I think that sounds like a lovely way to spend your anniversary - I am with you - anything without kids just the two of you is perfect.