Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tanner turns 1!!!


My little Tanner is a 1-year-old today! Happy birthday to him! This year has gone by WAY too fast. He's not quite to walking yet, but he uses everything he can to get up and "walk" around. He loves music and will sing "da-da-da-da" to the Indiana Jones theme. It's so funny! He loves food soooo much! He will eat just about ANYthing you give him and he always has a bigger helping than Aidan. We have to tell him when it's time to stop eating. :) He's in that gibberish phase and will go on and on about who knows what. He loves to play with cars, LOVES the bath, and follows Aidan everywhere. We love our little Tan-tan, tanz manz, bubbas, Tanzy, Tanners, and tanz-tanz!! (Most of those names were created by Aidan)

Saturday we celebrated with my side of the family at our house. Nothing too exciting...just all the grandkids acting crazy as always. Sunday we went to my in-laws for a much quieter celebration with Abe's family. I just love that we have so much family that we have to have 2 birthday parties!!



Opening presents (it was hard to keep him focused on the presents and not on the camera).


He didn't like the cake at first (he'd rather be spoon fed).


...and he finally decided to give it a try...


....and he decided he really likes it!!


Washing up in the sink after eating cake


All clean!!!!


He's such a little cheese ball for the camera!

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

Happy Birthday Tanner!!!!!! Is he walking? Tannon is getting really brave and taking like 12 steps before he falls. He gets so excited trying to keep up with Alyssa, its funny! I love Tanner's birthday pics...too cute!

Elise and Dan said...

He is seriously 1 already??? Weren't you just pregnant with him? Weird! He just gets more and more handsome! I think he's starting to look more like Aiden now. What cute little guys! Happy 1st Birthday!

B and K said...

Happy Birthday Tanner! He is too cute :)

Sarah Rambles said...

I can't believe how big he's getting. awww... happy birthday Tanner!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

He's turning into such a little man! I can't believe how big he is looking! That's too funny that he wanted nothing to do with his cake at first. I always love the bath in the sink after the cake! I love the nickname Tanzy . . . . cracking up over that one. It's so cute!!

pollywallydoodle said...

First birthdays are the very best!! What a beautiful Boy!!! I miss you all soooooooo much!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

mph said...

Awwwww..cutie! Jake will be one this week! I can't believe it.