Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Marble Wedding

This last Saturday my oldest brother, Alan, got married to his wonderful fiancee Dawn. It was such a happy time. Dawn could not be any more perfect for Alan. My Aunt Polly said it quite well when she said that Alan waited 30 years to find the girl just right for him. Alan has never been more alive since they've been together; for about two years now. I am so excited to finally have a sister-in-law!! All these years I've wondered how a new girl would deal with marrying a man with four sisters, but she pulled it off great.

The celebrations started out Friday night as both her family and ours gathered at the Golden Corral for dinner. I absolutely LOVE it when we all get together. My grandma was also able to come down for that too so that was nice. My in-laws took the boys so it was nice to be able to actually eat my food and enjoy the company.

Here is me with all my siblings! I am so excited to add one more to the bunch! (Don't mind Dennis, he's, well, obnoxious)

I couldn't resist the chance to get a picture with just me and Abe. Aren't we the cutest?! (Actually I hate taking pictures, but this one didn't turn out too bad)


The ceremony and reception came the next evening at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Phoenix. The ceremony was actually outside, which was a little warm, but we were shaded by some huge trees. My brother-in-law Dennis played some music instead of just some boring recording and that was cool.

I was able to see some family that I only get to see rarely and that was great as always. Especially my dad's side of the family. For some reason, we hardly get the chance to see them. My cousins little baby boy was so adorable I just couldn't stop smiling at him.

We went inside for the reception after a "short" time of taking pictures. I'll get those up as soon as I get a hold of some. My family's last name is Marble so there was a little bit of a Marble theme going on. The favors were bags of Marbles with Alan and Dawn's name on them and I thought the centerpieces were pretty neat. (Well, before the men attempted to burn the marbles with the candles).
The cake was especially awesome. Dawn is an amazing artist and made the cake topper all by herself. She is so good. They look just like them! Oh and they're standing on top of books(which were eatable), which is cute because they first met in a bookstore. Dawn designed the whole thing. There was a really cool ice sculpture (of a marble I think?) too. Well, it was a real fun night, dancing and all. My in-laws were SO gracious in taking the kids home after the ceremony and pictures. This made enjoying the reception MUCH easier. My dad said called me "weak", but I say hey, if they offer there's no way I can turn that one down! It was lots of fun and I'm sure I'll regret all the ridiculous dancing when I see the pictures!

I had to take a picture of my cute little nieces. My oh-so-talented sisters made their dresses(the blue ones). Jane was the flower girl and wore a beautiful little dress.

And of course, one more picture because it's so dang cute. Tanner's hair was so curly from being out in the heat and sweating. Aidan was having too much fun with the cousins and I couldn't manage to get a picture of him in his cute little suit.

CONGRATULATIONS ALAN AND DAWN!!

5 comments:

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

It sounds like you guys had a fun weekend with the fam! The wedding looks like it turned out beautifully. I love the color blue that the girls dressed in. It's stunning! I love weddings . . .. ahhh (happy sigh!) :)

mph said...

I LOVE those flower girl dresses! Matt's sister just got married at 30 to the most perfect guy for her. It was so worth the wait and it looks like it was the same case with your bro.

Rochelle said...

Cute pic of the fam. I love the one with you and Abe...very flattering. How's the northern valley treating you guys? I would love to see more pics of the house (have you done anymore to it after your painting spree?)

Anonymous said...

awww.... thanks for all the great pictures Donna. I really wanted to see the cake and the girl's dresses! What a fun night!

pollywallydoodle said...

The cake was adorable --clever wedding--fun fun fun and I missed it all. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh