Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend Road trip

Oh how I love little road trips. I have very fond memories of my big family squeezing into one (often too small) vehicle and taking a little vacation.

This weekend my cousin Terry Lynn got married in Page, AZ. We could not pass up an opportunity (or excuse rather) to take the 5 hour drive up. There is this little restaurant there called RD's where we HAVE to go every time we are up there. I spent a few summers in Page with my grandparents as a kid and I actually worked at RD's for one of them. So if you are ever going to Lake Powell you MUST go to RD's. The food really isn't too amazing, but they do have fry sauce :) And they are the only place I know of that sells rainbows (a slushy with icecream). Yum! We love RD's so much that we once drove all the way to Page and back just to go there!

So we were lucky enough to not have to drive since my little sister borrowed her in-laws Escalade. (A very sweet ride I must add). Aidan enjoyed the fact that he could watch movies, and I enjoyed the fact that time went by faster for him that way :) Aidan also enjoyed the extra company of my brother Waylon. Tanner did pretty good for being stuck in the car for 5 hours straight. He cried for a little bit and took about a 45 minute nap.I tried taking a picture of Aidan in the car but, he was "too busy" watching a movie.

Tanner taking a little cat nap. (Notice the black eye - it was much worse a week ago when he fell on a metal chair at church.)

We got to Page at around 1:30 and our first priority was lunch at RD's! We met my parents there and enjoyed some yummy food. We were hoping that we could check into the hotel a little early (check in was 3). Well, the front desk told us that check in wasn't actually until 4 so we had to bum around for a while. If you've ever been to Page then you know that there is almost nothing to do there. The weather was awesome though (in the fifties) and my mom was nice and took the boys for a short walk. Then we had an hour to get ready for the wedding.

The wedding was nice and I was happy as always to see lots of family. Tanner was extremely tired from only having the little nap on the way up so he was fussy. Aidan was really good though and sat at the table the whole time. When were getting ready to go I was saying goodbye to everyone and heard Aidan start to cry. He had apparently cut his finger on one of the plastic toasting cups. He actually cut off a little chunk on the tip of his pinky finger. Poor guy was a little trooper.
We dropped the kids and Abe and Jared off at the hotel and Me, Becky and Waylon went and got some more RD's. I had to finish the night with my usual blue raspberry rainbow :) We got up early Sunday morning, had a quick, uneventful drive back, and were home by 1:30 for naps. It was a short trip but a great break from the norm. Now all I need to do is watch conference online!My blue tongue after enjoying my blue raspberry rainbow. Tanner thought it was pretty funny.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds fun! I love road trips too, i think they are fun! And nice that you guys all got to go together. Love the tongue!

TheLadiesRoom said...

Ashley said... Poor Tanner... (she didn't like the pic of his black eye). And she was totally cracking up about your blue tongue. Glad you guys had a good time!!! =)

Rochelle said...

I love roadtrips... especially to northern AZ. Its gorgeous. I can't believe Tanner's black eye. They do the craziest things to get hurt. At the horseshow Jayden slipped and fell and scraped his ENTIRE arm up.

Jeffrey and Venessa said...

It was great seeing all of you too! When you do decide to come to vegas let us know if we buy a house by then we will probably have a guest room with a bigger bed that we can fit some family in! :D I read about how you all went to RD's lol we did too!(it was my first time there and I have to say that it was pretty good! The wedding was fun and I hope Aiden Feels better getting cut by plastic is not fun!