Thursday, April 9, 2009

Coloring Eggs

This weekend is going to be busy, so we decided to color eggs today. I figured Tanner would have a hard time getting the idea, but I didn't realize he would hate it! This is what happened TWO SECONDS after I sat him down in a chair:


You see, Tanner absolutely hates being messy. When he realized that he had spilled blue dye all over him he was not happy. I could not calm him down enough for him to continue with the coloring, so the only thing that worked was to get him away and give him food!


Aidan on the other hand loves this part of Easter. This year I found a Marvel Heroes decorating kit and he was in heaven.



Once I got Tanner's clothes off for the bath, he realized that his skin had also turned blue and it set him off on another crying spree.


I don't know what it is with this boy. He's perfectly happy eating mud in the back yard, but can't stand getting messy in the house. Anyway, Aidan and I had a good time and we're excited for this weekend. Egg hunts are always fun with all the cousins together. Hopefully I can convince Tanner to join in as well.

I hope everyone has a great Easter and remembers to think about the real reason we celebrate. I know I will. I have to speak in church on Sunday all about it! Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

I'm laughing so hard at little Tanner because my little Tannon is going through the exact same thing. He'll only eat his food by himself if its not going to spill on him. So, I end up feeding him everything like he's 6 months old..grrr. I'm so glad you took pictures of him hating easter egg coloring...it'll be great in a few years.

pollywallydoodle said...

I doing eggs today so he must come by it honestly. I do it for the girls but my heart is never in it.

pollywallydoodle said...

ok i was typing too fast--thats supposed to say I hate doing eggs too.

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

That's too funny about Tanner!! So did the dye come off his skin in the bath? Or is it going to have to wear off? Poor Tanner!! He's a cutie :) I just wanted to say thank you again for making the Superman blanket for Clark. He has become quite attched to it. He won't go to sleep without it! And he loves being wrapped up in it and held. I always think of you when I see it. It really was one of the mose touching gifts I have ever received. Miss you!

Carrie said...

That was hilarious! I love the picture of Tanner pointing at the mess and crying, that is priceless! I'm glad Aidan had fun!
Good luck with your talk, I'm sure you'll do great!

Beckums said...

I love it, no seriously I LOVE it!!! that kid is hilarious!!

Kelly said...

I have so much fun watching you girls with your little ones...brings back so many memories!