Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's up

This last weekend two of Abe's longtime friends were married. My lovely sister Becky watched the kids for us on Friday night. We went to their rehearsal dinner at the Chinese Culture Center. I am NOT a fan of Chinese food so I was a little worried, but they ordered pretty simple dishes that I actually enjoyed. We had some time to kill after dinner so we walked around the marketplace. We decided to try some interesting drinks from China. And let me tell you...that was a mistake! This plum drink was absolutely horrible!! It tasted like a blended up barbecue steak. So bad! After that we went to Target so J.R. could buy a last minute wedding gift. My feet were killing me, so I bought some cheap flip flops and said goodbye to my ridiculously uncomfortable heels. We decided to end the night and head back home.


Abe and J.R. - good friends since high school.


Abe and I at dinner.


Saturday turned out to be a long day. I had a hair appointment that morning at a salon I'd never been to. They were great and I like my hair, but it took quite a while. My stubborn hair wouldn't take the color the first time so they had to do it twice! I must say though that I enjoyed all the "me" time - which is VERY rare. We brought my little brother over to the house at about one so we could get ready and leave the kids with him. We took off at about 2 and headed all the way to Fountain Hills for the wedding. The ceremony and reception took place at the Eagle Mountain Golf Club...it was so beautiful there! We got there a little early so we stood around and enjoyed the gorgeous views. Abe was an usher and I helped out with a few little last minute things. The reception was full of laughs, a little bit of tears, and a lot of food! They served a steak and salmon. I felt so bad that I practically wasted it all. There was a lot of dancing, in which I was pouting to Abe that I wanted to join. He absolutely hates it but was sweet enough to endure a few dances with me, even a fast song. Thanks hun! Abe was of course involved in the decorating of the car. A few people have witnessed his "artwork" before, so you can only guess what he did. Silly Abe. It was lots of fun though. It was a super long day, but I really enjoyed all the time with my husband. So thanks Josh and Julie for getting married!! When we got home I went to Walmart and bought Twilight - a perfect ending to a great day!


Abe and I again.


The bride and groom - they both went to high school with Abe and have been dating each other ever since.


On Tuesday night Aidan had Kindergarten Roundup. I can't believe he's ready for school, and it's official now! AHHHH!! What will I do without him all day. Poor Tanner is gonna be left alone with me. Aidan was very excited though and is now even more pumped for school to start. Now we just need to practice tying shoes and he'll be all ready!

1 comments:

Beckums said...

FUN! oh and did i tell you sat night, i love your hair!