Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Awesome Date


My most wonderful husband has been planning our Valentine's day since about November. He decided to make it a secret so I would be surprised. You see, we've never done anything out of the ordinary for that day. It's just another day to us. We haven't been out just the two of us in a long time, so I was super excited. Abe planned the babysitter so all I had to do was wait. So we got all dressed up and headed to downtown Phoenix. We park in a nearby garage and walk to Symphony Hall. Inside there seems to be an awful lot of ballet pictures. We're going to the ballet!! Don Quixote to be exact. I was SO excited!! I love ballet and have been begging my hubby for years now to take me. The ballet was actually really good. The first act was a little strange, but the last two were awesome. Man how I wish I was still dancing. I love it! Abe was such a trooper. Ballet is not exactly his thing, but I think he was actually a little entertained. We had about an hour until our dinner reservation so we just walked around a little. It was just so nice being with my Abe. I love him so much! So for dinner he took me to the Compass Restaurant. You know, that revolving one at the top of the Hyatt. We both had never been there before so it was a nice experience. The food was okay and extremely overpriced, but it was fun to splurge a little. Abe just loves to spoil me. I don't mind so much :) When we were done eating it was time to enter the real world and go pick up our kids. What a great night though. We do not get out alone enough so it was very appreciated. Thanks to my mommy for watching the kids all day. And a million thanks to my husband for planning such a great night. I love you!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

what a fun treat!! Good job Abe on the surprise!! Donna I didn't know you danced! That is fun! And you look gorgeous!!

Elise and Dan said...

That was so sweet of him! I love musicals, plays, ballet, etc. and i can't seem to get Dan to go with me! What's your trick? just waiting a couple years? Oh man...

andreamatrix said...

How fun! I can't imagine getting Jerry to the ballet.

kimber said...

You guys look so cute! We went to that resaurant a couple months ago, I agree, fun atmosphere but way over priced and the foods not that great. But anything with just the 2 of you and no kids was probably perfect!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

You look so beautiful! I'm glad you finally got to go to your ballet! Abe sure spoiled you this year!! I didn't get a single thing for valentines day. You're lucky!

mph said...

I absolutely love the ballet. I took the girls to the Nutcracker at Christmas and it was just beautiful!