This month my little nephew Ian turned eight and was baptized this Saturday. I guess I can't say little anymore! I can't believe what a little man he is turning into! He's the oldest grandson in the family so it was such a joyous day! Aidan has been SO excited to see his cousin be baptized. Every day this last week he has woken up and told me how many days until Ian's baptism. All day Saturday he went on and on about it until it was time to go. And now that he has witnessed what a baptism really is he is even more excited to be baptized himself. I love it! I'm so happy that Aidan has big cousins who set a great example for him.Aidan so excited to be there for Ian.
Abe was asked to give a little talk on baptism and he did a great job (of course). My mom and my sister Becky sang while my brother-in-law Dennis played the guitar to a sweet little song called "How Can I Be". If you haven't heard it you should check it out here. They did a wonderful job and it was a perfect little song for the occasion. After the baptism we all got together to eat and play at a park nearby. All the little kids played on the toys, I chased Tanner ALL over the place, and a few people threw a football around. It was all together a great day and I can't wait for Gavin's (another nephew) turn!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Ian gets baptized!
Posted by
Donna
at
9:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Its awesome when the little ones see the older kids get baptised. Jayden witnessed his first when Jacob o'donnal got baptised...he loved it.
Aidan is so funny!! I can't believe how old all the kids are getting...sheesh!
That is so awesome that you guys have so much family around you. That is cute about Aidan being so excited. Think how excited he will be for his own baptism!
Post a Comment