Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Our future missionary

Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner. We haven't signed up for that in a while so it was about time. I always forget how nice it is having them over. One of the elders sang for us before they left. He is a big football player so it was very surprising to hear such a beautiful voice come out.

When the elders first arrived they were early and Abe wasn't home from work yet. They had to wait outside because it was just me at home and I felt real bad. I suggested to Aidan that he go wait with them (half knowing that he would refuse - he's pretty shy) while I stayed inside with Tanner. I couldn't believe that he put on his shoes and followed them out! This is not my Aidan! He is typically shy around strangers, yet he went out there alone. There must be something he trusts about those missionaries :) They stayed outside chatting for 20 minutes! Well, I had to post this picture of them sitting on the curb because it just made me smile. That could be my Aidan in about 14 years!

8 comments:

TheLadiesRoom said...

This picture is so precious Donna. What a sweet little spirit you have there. =)

Amie said...

I LOVE THAT PICTURE! You should blow that up to an 8X10 or larger and hang it in his room so that he can remember what a special purpose he has to fulfill in his lifetime. Ok, so that sounded pretty lame...but you know what I mean. He's a missionary in training! What a sweetheart.

Rochelle said...

TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! I just love it!

Elise and Dan said...

awww so sweet! What a great picture to display when he leave's on his mission!

pollywallydoodle said...

Ohhhhh--this brought a tear--I am not kidding--stuff like this always touches me!!!The look like the guys on the "how can I be" videos!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Kelly said...

Tears and goose bumps....a picture to treasure for sure!

Beckums said...

it got me all teary eyed too!! So precious, i love the missionaries and i LOVE my aidan!

The Becker Bunch said...

Okay, that is probably one of the sweetest pictures I have EVER seen. You should send that in to the New Era or something...I just love it...it's is so true...we have little missionaries in training!!