Sunday, November 9, 2008

This Last Week

Last Sunday one of Abe's good childhood friends, Tyler, came into town from Utah. He had some classes to take for work for the week and we told him to come stay with us. (I'm so happy we have a house big enough for that kind of thing now). We hadn't seen Tyler for over two years so it was really good to visit. Abe was especially happy and wasn't ready for him to leave today. He got in late Sunday night and we stayed up past 12 catching up. This began an entire week of not going to bed before midnight. Monday and Tuesday night we stayed in and the guys got some "quality" video gaming in. On Wednesday we decided to go see Eagle Eye (good movie by the way) so my mom watched the kids for us. We ate quickly at Chilis and made it just in time before the movie started. Thursday night Tyler wanted to take us to dinner. So we packed up the kids and headed to one of Tyler's childhood favs, Nino's Pizzeria in Peoria. The pizza was really good; despite the fact that Tanner got extremely impatient as we waited forever for our food. Of course afterward I just had to have some icecream so we stopped by Sonic on the way home for some sweets. Friday night was guys night out. Abe and Tyler went to dinner and drove around as they caught up on some fun memories. Saturday afternoon Abe's parents took us all to lunch at Macayos (yum!) and then we went back to their house to play. Grandpa Bill bought Aidan a new addition to his train set. We had fun playing with that for a while as Tanner enjoyed a much needed nap. We picked up some subs on the way home for dinner and watched a movie after the kids were in bed. Tyler also entertained us with some funny stories from his mission. Waking up for church this morning was oh-so-fun. Tyler was able to stay through sacrament then had to get home to pack for his flight back to Utah. We will miss you Tyler! We had a fun week and hopefully the whole family can come next time.

Also in news - last week at conference our ward boundaries were announced to be changed and we were moved into a new ward. And just as I was getting to know people. I think the 3 weeks of serving on the activities committee is my new record for shortest calling. We are now in the Kingswood Park ward and actually go to a closer building than before. I saw a few people today that I have known from before I was married so that was fun.

Also, just so I can post some pictures with this post.....a couple of weeks ago we had a big family party for Abe's grandpa's 80th birthday. Abe's dad hired a photographer (http://photosbynatalie.blogspot.com/ - she did my wedding as well) so we could get some rare shots of the entire family. Here are the pictures that Natalie got of just our family(Abe's dad made everyone dress formal - not my choice). The family picture at the top is from this shoot as well (obviously).

10 comments:

Elise and Dan said...

ADORABLE Pics of your boys! I didn't realize it before, but Tanner really looks a lot like you! Sounds like you've had a fun week!

:) said...

I love the new pictures, they are great!

Rochelle said...

I think the pics are adorable! I love it when people come visit us...probably cuz it doesn't happen very often where we live 12 hours from fam.

Rochelle said...

oh! I forgot to ask you if you have any ideas for Jayden's Indiana Jones room. You did Aidan's room so cute, I thought you might have some clues for the clueless. :)

TheLadiesRoom said...

You have such a beautiful family Donna. I love the family shot... and your boys are priceless! I'm glad your pics turned out. And HOW FUN that you had a friend stay for a whole week!!! Miss you Toots...

Amie said...

OH my goodness Donna! That family picture at the top is probably the most perfect family picture with young kids in it that I have ever seen!!! You all look so handsome and beautiful! Wow. If only we could get all three of ours to look and smile at the camera at the same time...
That picture is a keeper for years to come!

Carrie said...

Those pictures are so precious!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Love the new family pictures! Your boys are so sweet! Boy, we miss you guys! Love the pinstripes on Tanner's vest. He looks so mature. His little curls in the back (in his hair) are just too cute! It sounds like you guys had a fun and busy week :)

Anonymous said...

I love the new family pictures they are so cute. I wish I could get nat to do mine in Utah.......;) she is amazing!!!

mph said...

Love the new pics!!!! Sounds like a fun week! A lot of good restaurants! I love going out to eat cuz I don't think I am a very good cook.