Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thursday night fun

Last Thursday was lots of fun. We had our November enrichment night in the ward. We made decorative plates for Christmas. Well, we're not that good. We only decorated glass plates that we already made :) It was nice to go and meet new people in the new ward. I am apparently really slow and only partly finished one plate while I was there. So I decided to do three more at home this weekend. I thought they turned out pretty good; though I did spend quite a bit of time on them. Here are the finished products:


After enrichment was over, my older sisters met me at my house to go see the opening midnight showing of "Twilight". My little sis and her hubby met us at the theater a little later. There were so many squealing girls there it was crazy. Didn't they have school in the morning? There were these two girls who sat behind us who were particularly bad. The first time Edward appeared on screen they started hyperventilating! It was like they'd never seen a cute boy or something. My sister Kristy turned around and asked them to calm down. That was funny. They got a little better but still oohed and awed every time they saw Edward. It was a fun night regardless. My family enjoys going to midnight showings of good flicks. I guess it keeps us young :) Despite the many negative things I've heard about the movie, I will stand by my opinion that it was good. I wasn't going in with huge expectations so maybe that's how I found it enjoyable. It had it's cheesy moments, but hey, that's Stephanie Meyer for you. I will be seeing it again; in a hopefully less squealing audience on a cheap Tuesday. And I am excited for the next one to come out...I just hope they re-cast Jacob.

Now it's on to this Thursday's Thanksgiving meal....yummmm....I just hope I can taste the food despite my yucky sickness.

9 comments:

Jen said...

super super cute plates!! did you just mod podge paper to them?

Beckums said...

cute plates doooooona, i like the GREEN one!

Elise and Dan said...

The plates turned out super cute! Good job! I wish we had done that at our enrichment!

I'm not expecting too much for the Twilight movie. I still want to see it to satisfy some curiousity.

Rochelle said...

I love the plates! The Faux leather wall is on my blog. You'll have to enlarge the collage to see the actual pic..but I think it looks really great. My MIL was actually impressed by my paint job (she doesn't exactly like me). She even mentioned how awesome I did it to Justin. Anyway, Thanks a ton for a GREAT IDEA!!!!

The Becker Bunch said...

I LURVE the plates...way cute!! Where did you find clear plates...the dollar store? Hmmmm...those would be SO cute as visiting teaching gifts with cookies!! You'll have to post directions!!:) I actually really liked Twilight. I think it's so funny that people didn't like the squealing girls because COME ON...that's why we all loved the books, it brought us back to falling in love and highschool...it is why we were drawn to the books, so it' sonly fitting to have the girls there to add to the excitement!! We should go together sometime...I'd love to see it again!:)

The Becker Bunch said...

I hope my post didn't soud like....YOU GOT THEM AT THE DOLLAR STORE...(all snotty because I shop at the dollar store all the time) I just meant that I don't know where you would buy just one plate or something like that! NEways, I read it and it sounded kinda snotty, so I didn't want you to think that!:)

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Nikki is so funny isn't she! She didn't sound snotty at all. :) She's too cute! I love the plates. I am with Jen. Did you modge podge those? How do you do that? They turned out really good!

And yes, Twilight was fabulous wasn't it?! Edward was yummy! Craig says he wants to go see it just so he knows what he's up against!! Hee Hee! Gotta love that kissing scene! I'm a sucker for the romance!

Anonymous said...

I love the new look!!

mph said...

I LOVE those plates!!! What a fun activity! How did you do them?