Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A mix of things

I thought I'd catch up a little on here before things get too crazy.....

First, I have a new calling: beehive advisor! I love it! I've been wanting to be in the YW since I graduated high school, but I knew I wouldn't be called until I looked old enough to be a leader :) I guess now I finally do!

We've had the Christmas tree up since a couple days after Thanksgiving, but I wanted to post some pics. We are starting a new tradition where the kids get a new ornament every year. Last year Aidan picked Spiderman(of course) and this year he went with green(still his favorite color). Tanner got an Elmo and Grover. Aidan did all of the decorating that he could reach...I thought he did pretty well. Tanner is continuously taking all the red ones off(his favorite color) so it's gets a little annoying redecorating every night.




On Dec 11th we went to temple lights with my sister Becky and her husband Jared. We went to eat at Poncho's before; which just wasn't the same as I remember it as a kid. It was pretty cold that night, but not too bad. Tanner loved being completely bundled up. He kept saying, "oh" and "wow". He loved all the lights. Aidan enjoyed the nativity scene, especially when it was in Spanish :)





The next night we hosted a Christmas party for all of my family. I completely forgot to take pictures. We ordered A LOT Macayos but apparently I forgot how big my family is, because we barely had enough to feed everyone! We had a white elephant gift exchange, played some Christmas Taboo and a little charades and Jeremy brought a telescope and we all checked out the huge moon. We ended up staying up until 3 am because the guys got the idea to play some classic Halo. We used to do that all the time when it first came out. It turned out to be a really good night...I love my family!

The next day (Saturday the 13th now) Becky and Jared invited us over for some pizza and gingerbread house making. Aidan did really well this year. He only snuck a few pieces of candy while building. He didn't want to copy the picture that came with it, he wanted it to be his creation. After he was all done he said, "lets make it like the picture now." It was a little late for that :)




And finally, last night I went and saw Twilight, for the second time. I went with my sister and her hubby and my mom. My mom hadn't seen it and we wanted her to know what she had been missing. There is this theater real close to our house that does $5.50 movies on Tuesdays. I'll have to remember that from now on! Well, the movie was good, again, and even my mom caught a little of the Edward fever. How can anyone resist?!

8 comments:

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

You guys are having so much fun! I love the gingerbread house. Aidan did a great job! We have never done that. I bet Christmas lights at the Temple were fun. We went with you guys last year, that made me sad to read that. We wish we could have gone with you too!!! Thanks for the Christmas card. You guys looks great! I'm so jealous you got to see Twilight again! I'm glad your mom liked it. Edward makes everyone get weak in the knees just thinking about him :) He's so dreamy! I'm glad you guys are enjoying your Christmas season. We miss you!

Rochelle said...

Great christmas pics! I love the idea of having a new ornament every year. Even if it is Spiderman, Indiana jones, superman...Gotta love boys!

Beckums said...

to me a fever goes away after a couple days, maybe weeks if you're unlucky...SO i would have to report that I have the Edward DISEASE to which there is no cure for...........p.s. we had tons of fun with you guys those days!!!

Carrie said...

Congrats on the calling! I wish we could've come to your party, I'm glad you guys had fun!
P.S. I love the snow falling all over your blog!

mph said...

Your family gatherings sound like a lot of fun. Working with the YW is my favorite calling, but I have no hope of being in there now cuz my husband is YM Pres now. I love how you got snow to fall on your blog.

pollywallydoodle said...

We started the ornament tradition when Nic was young --like 1989 so my tree is loaded w/owned ornaments. I label the boxes and it is the big highlight to start the season. We do Hallmark and the girls actually collect within a series. I still collect for Nic--he gets the free one each year so when he gets married I can hand his wife all of the ornaments "he" has collected. Oh and PS you guys are so bundled up you would tink you were here in Utah!! Hahahah what was it 50 degrees? xoxoxoxoxoxo

Bryan and Katie said...

your family is sooo cute donna!! those boys are the cutest!! I'm so jealous that you get to hang out with becky!! have a good christmas : )

andreamatrix said...

I'm diggin your family picture. Really cute!