In light of the responses to the previous post about the plates I made, I'm going to give a quick how-to on them. I wish I could credit the person who came up with the idea, but I don't know who that is so just remember that it wasn't me :)
You will need: a clear glass plate (Walmart sells them for $1.50 each), mod podge, foam brush, acid free paper(scrapbook paper works well), acrylic craft paint, clear acrylic sealer, scissors, or paper cutter.
1. Paint a thin coat of the mod podge on the BACK of the plate.
2. While plate is drying, cut out several pieces of paper.
3. Paint a thin layer of mod podge on the decorative side of paper and gently smooth onto the BACK of the plate. Continue doing this until the entire plate is covered. As you move onto each additional paper, slightly overlap each one so that you can not see the plate.
4. It is very important that you smooth out all bubbles before it dries. Because the plate is round; it is easiest to do this with small scraps of paper.
5. Trim off any excess paper.
6. Paint over the paper back with the craft paint. Continue to do this until you are satisfied with the coverage.
7. Spray the back of the plate with the acrylic sealer(following directions on can) and you are done!
These plates (paired with cookies:) make great gifts to give away to the sisters you visit or your neighbors for Christmas. Have fun!!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Christmas plates
Posted by
Donna
at
10:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks so much! I'm totally doing it! How did you do the poka dot one? It looksl ike one large piece of paper. I love polka dots! Thanks for sharing!
thanks for the how to!! I love it! I am gonna have to do this!
Post a Comment