For a few months now I have been complaining about needing a vacation, without the kids. So I hit up all my sisters and my mom and we planned one for this last weekend. And we didn't do your typical girls day at the spa or shopping or anything with too much estrogen. We went to Knott's Berry Farm. And it was a blast!
We left Friday at about 1pm. There are six of us girls so Kristy's father-in-law kindly allowed us to use his suburban. I normally get car sick if I don't sit in the front, but I opted to sit in the very back with the hope that we'd be too busy chatting for me to get sick. And it worked! I was perfectly fine for the 6 hours or so that it took us to get to the hotel. We took our time getting there and I really enjoyed the chatter. It's so nice to have a full day of adult conversation!
We got a pretty good deal on the Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel. My sister Becky and I checked in and got a kick out of the flirtatious dorky guy at the front desk. He would tell us what rides to go on and was sure to mention where all the bars were located. It was pretty funny. We got two rooms that were connecting so that was nice. We went to dinner at TGIF's. The food was more expensive than it is here and most of us didn't enjoy it. Kristy's food was burnt, but I guess she was hungry enough to eat it. Then we walked over to a bakery for dessert. We all got yummy and ridiculously fattening treats and took them back to the hotel. I completely overindulged, but it was my vacation, so I was allowed. We stayed up until midnight playing Phase 10. Jenny was a little crazy on her meds (she just had surgery a week ago) and poor Mom was way tired. It was plenty past her bedtime.
We woke up at about 8 to have enough time for breakfast and to get to the park when it opened at 10. I didn't sleep too good, but I was excited about the day. We all got ready then walked to the park to check out our food options. There was a Cinnabon at the front gate that we all decided on. Once again, not too great and overpriced, but that's to be expected.
When we got in the park there was hardly anyone there. In fact the Ghost Town area was actually a ghost town. It was so nice! No waiting in line. And best of all, NO STROLLERS!! The first ride we went on was the Ghostrider, a rickety old wooden coaster. My mom was so scared on the ride; her face was classic! Too bad I didn't have time to snap a picture. She was a real trooper though and agreed to go on everything all day. Most of us got soaked on the water rides, but I managed to stay pretty dry. There was an interesting group of people that we got stuck behind in two different ride lines. They had the worst B.O. that you can imagine. It was ridiculous! It was funny to see the faces people made every time the "smellies" got passed.
The one ride that didn't agree with any of us was the Boomerang. It's a roller coaster that pulls you back, then shoots you forward, then you ride the track backwards. It was just so disorienting. And worst of all, it was lunch time afterward. So we sat down for a little bit to clear our heads before eating. That ride pretty much destroyed Mom for the rest of the day. But it was the very last ride we went on that just messed Mom up big time. I can't remember what it was, but she was definitely ready to go after that. We did spend the whole day there. I think we finally left at 5 or 6. It was a long day, but tons of fun.
We all piled back in the suburban and headed for home. This time, I was not so lucky with the car ride. Once again I sat in the back thinking I'd be fine. But once we hit traffic I got pretty nauseous. It was ridiculous how much stop and go there was. I think Kristy was going 3mph at one point. Well, my stomach just couldn't take it so Becky moved to the middle row so I could lay down. I tried for so long to hold back throwing up, but I just couldn't take it any more. There went my chili cheese fries and blue Icee into a 44oz cup. I know, disgusting. Kristy pulled over so I could dump the cup out and move to the front seat. So Mom took my place in the back and went to sleep. I was still nauseous, but much better. I was actually able to eat dinner at Taco Bell when it came time.
We finally made it home at about midnight. It was one long day, but tons and tons of fun. We all decided that this girls vacation is going to be an annual thing. I can't wait til next year! Here's a little slide of the few pictures that I managed to get.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Ladies Only Weekend
Posted by
Donna
at
8:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Looks Like a Blast Guys! Glad you had fun and sorry you got sicky donna!!
that looks like tons of fun!
I seriously need to plan something like that. Your mom cracks me up! what trooper!
Man that was fun!!! Except for weirdo Phillip, LOL!!!
Fun! glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment