Sunday, March 9, 2008

Vegas Trip

Last Thursday we went to Las Vegas for a little family vacation. We haven't been anywhere in almost a year so we decided on a whim to take a short break. I have lots of family in Vegas and it's a short drive so that seemed like a good idea to us. It's not the most family-friendly place to go, but I hadn't seen a lot of my family in a while. We made plans to go to a museum, go to M&m's World on the strip, maybe see a movie...BUT....Abe got pretty dang sick. So we were pretty much forced to stay at the house the whole time. It was still fun though. I got to see almost all my cousins, we took the kids to my Grandpa's work (he works at Bass Pro Shop - a huge outdoor store with lots of fun things for Aidan to look at), we went to a huge park near my Grandma's house, and just relaxed. Basically just a little time to escape reality.

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a cool get away...everyone needs one once in a while.

Beckums said...

man, i wish we could have gone!! I miss those carnall boys, your pics made me jealous!!

The Becker Bunch said...

WHAT FUN!!! Did you end up going to the museum or was Abe too sick. I'm still not sure about Vegas for a family trip...you'll have to give me some more tips!!

Sarah Rambles said...

I'm glad you guys had a good trip. even if abe was sick... *grins* Love ya!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Were your kiddos good for the car ride? I guess you had your brother to help entertain them, right!?! The park looked like a lot of fun. AZ doesn't really have too many nice parks like that. I'm glad you guys had a good time! Wanna hang out this weekend? I don't think we have anything going on Friday or Saturday night.

kimber said...

Sorry Abe got sick, that's a bummer, at leaste you got to get away and take a little trip. Just going on trips are fun even if it is Vegas.

andreamatrix said...

Road trips are the best! Jerry also seems to get sick on a lot of our family vacations. What is that about? Hope Abe's feeling better.