I haven't been feeling too great today and sitting on my rear and playing with the computer seems to be all I can do without wanting to pass out. Sooooo...I saw a friend's blog and was reminded that I still haven't replied to the "How'd your kids get their name" tag. So here goes....
To begin, our last name is too long for our children to have long first names so it was a requirement of ours that their names be 2 syllables max...
Aidan WilliamBack in 2003 when I got pregnant the name Aidan was not on the top 5 list (unlike today where every other child has some version of the name). So one day my husband came home with the name Aidan and I liked it. I've never been one to name my kids before they're born so Ryan William (William is Abe's dad's name) and Tanner Gregory (Gregory is my dad's name) were choices too. The day Aidan was born we still weren't sure at first, but before the day was over we knew it had to be Aidan William. We used AidAn opposed to ...En because it just looked better to us.
Tanner GregoryName sound familiar? Okay so we still really liked the name by the time baby two came around so we kept it as an option. (Originally Abe got the name from a friend's brother). By now my hubby didn't like Ryan any more and there were just no other names we liked. Since we didn't want to know the sex of the baby this time (what were we thinking?!), I couldn't help only thinking of girls names. Maybe some day we'll be blessed with a little girl and I can reveal those :) Well after Tanner was born we knew right away he was Tanner and really wanted to use my dad's name as his middle name (it's a tradition in my family). Tanner Gregory is perfect for him and we love it!
I tag all who have children and haven't been tagged already (is there anyone left???)
Monday, March 31, 2008
Name Tag
Posted by
Donna
at
5:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love the names! I have to say I'm especially partial to Tanner (my brother's name). And Aidan is still cute and very fitting for him even though it's more popular now. Chase's name kind of did that too. It sems like everyone has a Chase or a Chance. So I know how you feel on that one! It was fun to get together again on Sunday. I'm so sad we won't have you guys around for much longer. :( I hope you get to feeling better. I would love to help you out if you need any or come keep you company! Cute post! And I admire you for being brave enough to not find out what you were having!!
Tanner looks so much like YOU in that pic!!! Oh I can't wait to see him again. He's not gonna know me... =( You have such beautiful boys Donna!
So funny how you think you have a very unique name and then it just pops up everywhere. Kind of like when you buy a new car... Great names!
I love the names....I think we have the same name ideas just cuz Jayden/Aidan...Tannon/Tanner. Good deal...I love people who think like me. Tanner is getting so stinking cute and big. I know he's only 1 month younger than Tannon but he's growing so much so fast.
Sorry that you are not feeling well. I have always liked the name Aiden. Too cute. We had the name Gregory picked out for a boy. Get feeling better soon!
Post a Comment